The Real Estate Council & all related entities
Reports to the President
The Executive Assistant for The Real Estate Council organization. The Executive Assistant has primary responsibility for board relations, support for the President and assistance in the daily office operations of the organization.
To provide general administrative management for the organization – focusing on efficient and effective operations that support all functions and staff for The Real Estate Council organization. This includes coordination with technology and telecommunications providers, and general office operations – including working with building property management to ensure that the office is run in a safe and professional manner. The responsibilities also include administrative support to the President as well as board liaison for the various Boards of Directors and Committees as needed.
The individual must be very intuitive, self-directed, and capable of providing recommendations on decisions regarding the operations of the office. The position requires a high degree of professionalism, organizational skills, and the ability to manage a complex calendar. Attention to detail and accuracy are essential, as well as sensitivity to the nature of board relations.
This position requires a high degree of problem-solving capability, initiative, and the ability to work without supervision under pressure. The individual must be extremely flexible, possess the ability to multi-task and prioritize duties in response to the demands of the day-to-day activities of the organization. The position demands well developed people skills, tact, professional demeanor, and the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization, including board members, volunteers, civic leaders, media, and public officials.
Skill Requirements and Competencies:
- Communications: Strong organizational and people skills. Excellent verbal and written communicator with ability to express ideas and thoughts clearly.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and database management (preference for Nimble & Pardot). Proficient with virtual meetings.
- Achievement Focus: Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Professionalism: Must be confident, organized, articulate, and poised with the ability to represent TREC as an organization.
- Dependability: Punctual, reliable, and willing to go above and beyond for the good of the team. Must have a positive attitude.
- Innovative: Develops innovative approaches and ideas, displays creative thinking and willingness to take on new challenges
- Time Management: Uses time efficiently and works in organized manner. Capable of prioritizing tasks and juggling competing priorities in challenging environment. Able to work independently and simultaneously on multiple projects, balancing team, and individual responsibilities.
- Teamwork: Contributes to building positive team spirit, puts success of team and organization above own interests.
- Excellent ethics and integrity; demonstrated ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality
- Ability to execute with limited supervision; proactive and self-driven; flexible while working in a dynamic environment; able to suggest changes to processes or tools
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Calendaring, scheduling meetings and events
- Knowledge of audio-visual equipment, ability to connect videoconference calls
- Available for early or after-hours duties as business demands dictate, primarily events driven
- Proficient with virtual meeting via Zoom
- Must be confident, articulate and poised with the ability to represent the executives at meetings in their absence
- Ability to manage confidential communications on behalf of the executive team and the boards
Local travel for meetings and volunteer support activities as requested and occasional evening and weekend work. Some early mornings and late evenings required.
This position requires the ability to set up and run meetings and events. As such, individuals should be able to meet physical demands and be able to lift up-to ten pounds.
College degree preferred. Previous experience in C-level administrative capacity desired.
Specific Job Duties Include:
- Prepare board reports and PowerPoint presentations for Board Meetings, distribute board packages in advance of Board and Executive Committee meetings in accordance with schedule
- Handle arrangements for TREC Board Meetings and Executive Committee meetings. Legacy Leaders Dinners and other events and dinners as requested. This may include catering, venue selection, staffing.
- Calendar management including scheduling, changing, and reconfirming a busy calendar- including management of the staff calendar.
- Monitoring and management of the President’s e-mail
- Management of board meetings (preparation, minutes, and record-keeping)
- Maintenance of board minute books and other legal documents
- Update electronic and printed collateral materials relating to board members and committee members
- administrative responsibilities: effective written correspondence both email and other for President, travel arrangements, expense reports, organization, and coordination of all files in conformance with record retention policy, contact list maintenance
- Manage and maintain service vendors for all major office equipment, technology and telecommunications– including evaluating technology requirements and equipment and making recommendations to the President and Chief Financial Officer
- Responsible for facilities management – working with Building Management and staff regarding office space, fire drills, space upkeep (lighting, AC, etc.)
- Ensure understanding of Disaster Recovery Plan and Business Continuity Plan as it is developed and train all staff on the plans
- Manage all office equipment needs – both acquisition and maintenance and ensure continuous support for the office
- Coordinate office supply purchases and maintain supplies including kitchen and general supplies focusing on expense control and reduction
- Manage all aspects of office – work with staff in ensuring kitchen and work areas are clean and orderly. Ensuring board rooms are maintained and prepared in advance for all meetings
- Manage and ensure instructions are maintained current for all staff members relative to any office operations requirements
- Work with staff – ensuring that proper coverage exists during office hours, including answering phones and voicemail
- Participate in budgeting process with team
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement in management of essential functions
- Ensure adherence to company file retention policy
- Represent the organization at events and programs hosted by The Real Estate Council organization
- Assistance to other organization employees as needed (team player)
- When needed assist staff with meetings setup (catering, water, soda, badges etc.) and clean up
- Other special projects as identified by the management team
- All other duties as requested by the President