The Digital Communications Associate – a newly created position – will be responsible for marketing and communications efforts that support The Real Estate Council, a commercial real estate membership organization and all the related entities, including TREC Community Investors, a community investment and neighborhood revitalization entity. The primary focus of this position will be on digital communication channels.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Membership, Engagement and Communications, this role will conceptualize, create, and manage engaging digital marketing content and social media to promote our brands, events & programs, membership news and community investment work. This role will execute targeted strategic campaigns to support organizational goals, track campaign effectiveness and drive awareness of mission and activities. The individual must be a motivated, self-directed, highly organized team player with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at the same time.
Skills & Competencies
- Communications: Strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal and written communicator with ability to express ideas and thoughts clearly.
- Technical Skills: Solid knowledge of WordPress, graphic design ability in Adobe Creative Suite (preference of InDesign and Photoshop), relevant social media platforms, and proficiency in Microsoft Office, database management (preference for Raiser’s Edge).
- Achievement Focus: Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Professionalism: Must be confident, organized, articulate, and poised with the ability to represent TREC as an organization. Ability to manage confidential communications on behalf of the Executive Team and Board.
- Dependability: Punctual, reliable, and willing to go above and beyond for the good of the team. Must have a positive attitude.
- Time Management: Uses time efficiently and works in an organized manner. Capable of prioritizing tasks, motivating team members, delegating projects, and juggling competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Able to work independently and simultaneously on multiple projects, balancing team, and individual responsibilities.
- Teamwork: Contributes to building positive team spirit, puts success of team and organization above own interests
- Cost Conscious: Conserves organizational resources, contributes to profits and revenue through implementation of cost savings measures and working within approved budget.
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires respect and trust. Motivates others to perform well. Reacts well under pressure.
- Planning and Organization: Willingness to make decisions, integrates effective change, uses resources effectively, and includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Project Management: Communicates progress, completes projects in a timely manner and within budget and looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Quality: Fosters quality focus in others, measures key outcomes, sets clear quality requirements, solicits, and applies member feedback.
- Collaborative: Establishes excellent relationships and works cooperatively with individuals, groups and organizations that are diverse in mission, composition, function, capacity, and geographic location.
- Maintain and promote The Real Estate Council’s brand. This includes ensuring our online presence is consistent with our brand standards and messaging.
- Maintain organizations websites including updates and design for both TREC and TREC Community Investors sites.
- In collaboration with the Member Experience team, execute the editorial calendar. Assist in the planning, curation, and creation of graphic elements and distribution of on-brand communications through website, social media, and e-communications (including emails, and blasts).
- Utilizes project management tool (Monday.com) to collaborate with colleagues and deliver all requests on time.
- Responsible for maintaining and building social media presence for both TREC and TREC Community Investors through the promotion of events & programs, community engagement, updates, and member engagement opportunities.
- Coordinate with all departments to identify, plan and design marketing collateral including signage, event programs and marketing fliers.
- Assist with maintenance of email distribution lists and monitor bounced emails.
- Maintain organization wide digital calendar of events.
- With supervision and coordination from the Senior Director of Membership, Engagement and Communications along with the PR Firm, works to manage marketing deliverables for media trade agreements.
- Analyze and report on key website analytics and social media metrics regularly.
- Provides backup support to the Communications and Market Manager on content creations and reporting.
Local travel for meetings and volunteer support activities as requested and occasional evenings and weekend work. Some early mornings and late evenings required.
This position requires the ability to set up and run meetings and events. As such, individuals should be able to meet physical demands and be able to lift up-to ten pounds.
Must be able to provide samples of writing, graphic design, and social media posts.
Four-year degree preferred. One – to – three years’ experience in related field – journalism, communications, or marketing.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work well within a team and independently.
- Experience in Adobe products, including Illustrator and Photoshops.
- Knowledge of databases (Raiser’s Edge preferred), WordPress, HTML, Google Analytics and SEO.
- Working knowledge of social media platforms and a mindset for the effective use of each one.
- A passion for visual storytelling and ability to quickly assess creative sentiment and aesthetic for brand fit.
- Knowledge of video and audio editing a plus.
- Competency in AP Style Preferred.
- General knowledge of photography a plus.
- Project management experience specifically within team environment.